Who we are
The Channel Meet Up is an event company based in London. Our website address is: https://thechannelmeetup.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you wish to register on our website, subscribe to a service, book places at events, request further information, contact us, complete any surveys, enter competitions, or provide content for inclusion on our websites (e.g. blogs or other online forums) we will collect certain data, including personal data. The data we will collect may include:
- title, name, address, business phone number(s), email address and gender;
- employment details, such as your current role and responsibilities, experience, seniority
- information about your organisation and the industry that you work in;
- areas of interest which you have notified us about, as well as what we can assume from your engagement with our products and services;
- your marketing preferences;
- your newsletter preferences;
- any data recoverable from social networking sites, where permission from you has been obtained; and
- any other information that you submit to us.
We may receive the above information directly from you, or from your colleague or corporate contact who registers for a subscription or event on your behalf.
Please note that not all of the information we request is mandatory to provide you with the service. You are not required to provide any optional information.
If you respond to surveys, unless we inform you otherwise, your answers will be aggregated and anonymized for research and analysis purposes. However, if you choose to provide any information in your response to a survey which identifies you (e.g. name, job title), we may be able to identify you from this. If you choose to submit your email address to enter into any prize associated with the survey, this will be used to administer the prize only and will not be linked to your survey responses.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How will your personal information be used or shared?
The personal information we collect allows us to:
- register you for events and administer those events;
- notify you of key information in relation to any events you are attending;
- verify your identity and details of your payment method or credit card amount (where payments are required);
- administer our website (such as access controls) and provide customer services;
- aggregate information about you with other users to better understand what services our users will be interested in;
- meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements;
- monitor and analyse the use of any account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime;
- gather information to form statistical and trend analysis including to monitor user demographic and to improve our products, services, events and marketing practices;
- monitor your use of our products and services and attendance at events and to build up customer profiles (including through use of analytics software) to help us identify content and marketing materials which will be of interest to you and other customers like you;
- communicate with you including responding to your enquiries;
- investigate any complaints about our websites, products, servicesor events;
- personalise your experience of our website, products, services and events, for example, by displaying targeted advertising and content which we believe likely to be relevant and of interest to you (please see below for further details); and
- contact you about our products and services which we think might be of interest to you (where we have the appropriate permissions to do so; please see Paragraph 5 for more information).
Where you are attending an event organised by us and, where you have provided your consent for us to do so (or we have informed you that we are relying on some other legal basis to share this information) , we may share your name, job title and company with the other attendees of the event (including making this information available via the event app, on social media sites and/or in our event guide).
Where you register to attend certain seminars or presentations at our events hosted by a third party, we may share your registration information with such third party and we will share your registration information with the sponsors of our events.
Where you indicate that you want us to share your details with sponsors at events (for example, by scanning your event badge at an exhibitor’s stand) we share your information with those sponsors.
We may share your registration information including name, job title and contact details with other third parties for marketing purposes, where you have provided consen for us to do so.
We may employ the services of third party service providers to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting, maintenance, call centre operation and the operation of events. In some cases the third party may receive your personal data. However, at all times, we will control and be responsible for the use of your personal data and we will endeavour to ensure that our service providers are bound by contractual obligations to only process your personal data in accordance with our instructions.
We may use aggregated information so we can administer and improve our website, analyse trends and gather broad demographic information and detect suspicious or fraudulent transactions. We may pass this information to third parties. In most cases this information will be anonmyised, meaning that you will not be able to be identified from it.
We may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal data. Examples of the type of situation where this would occur would be:
- in the administration of justice; or
- where we have to defend ourselves legally.
How long we retain your data
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. Users can request to see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time by emailing email@example.com.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.